Specialized Hospital for Knee, Hip & Joint Replacement surgeries – DITO
Delhi Institute of Trauma & Orthopaedics is a highly specialized center/hospital for knee replacement surgery, hip replacement surgery, joint replacement surgery, revision knee replacement, revision hip replacement and complex trauma surgeries. Dr. Shekhar Agarwal is the head of the specialized team and has more than 30 years of experience in joint replacement surgery and all other orthopaedic procedures. Each team member is super specialized in a different field of orthopaedics and joint replacement surgery. We perform state-of the art techniques to achieve the best for our patients.
DITO was established as a tertiary care referral centre for Trauma & Orthopaedics. The department consists of a group of orthopaedic surgeons of national & international fame each super specialised in a different field of orthopaedics and performing state of the art techniques to achieve the best results for the patients.
In a very short span the department has earned the reputation of being one of the finest centres for trauma, knee replacement, hip replacement & joint replacement. The department is backed by state of the art infrastructure, latest equipments and a panel of consultants which in addition to orthopaedic surgeons also include plastic surgeons, paediatric surgeons, hand surgeons and facio-maxillary surgeons to provide a comprehensive super-speciality cover for reconstructive procedures.
DITO is headed by Dr. Shekhar Agarwal, an orthopaedic surgeon widely known all over India and abroad for KNEE, HIP & JOINT Replacement Surgeries. He has been on the faculty of National & International conferences and has lectured in Shanghai, Singapore and Thailand at the Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society (APAS) & Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Society (APOS). Dr. Shekhar Agarwal is also a founder member of ISHKS (Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons). He has also been the President of Delhi Orthopaedic Association.
What We Offer ?
- An accident and emergency service round the clock, where a qualified Orthopaedic surgeon (minimum M.S. Orth.) is available at all times. Ambulance service is available to facilitate rapid transfer of accident victims.
- Modern operations such as knee replacement, hip replacement, joint replacement, arthroscopic surgery and spine surgery are performed routinely.
- DITO is backed by Trauma Intensive Care Unit with ventilators, monitors and blood gas analysers managed by in-house entensivests.
- For complex cases, we hold a case conference and have a team approach to plan out the best treatment protocol.
- Our panel includes surgeons, hand surgeons and facio-maxillary surgeons to provide a comprehensive super- specialty cover for reconstructive procedures.
- We offer a nodal centre for providing you the possibility of opinion of experts from across the world via modern communication network.
- It is a modern set up where we could fix up with overseas surgeons to perform high-tech operations, as and when necessary.
Joint Replacement Unit:
- Dr. Shekhar Srivastav
- Dr. Harjoban Singh
- Dr. Shankar Acharya
- Dr. Amit Shridhar
- Dr. Abhishek Sharma
- Dr. Nargesh Agarwal
The department boasts of an OPD of more than 10,000 patients per year & it conducts over 1200 surgeries per year of which 350 are Hip & Knee replacements, 150 arthroscopies of knee, shoulder & ACL repair, 100 spine surgeries and in addition also conducts 600 trauma surgeries along with other day to day procedures.
The Department of Orthopaedics is recognised by the National Board of Examinations for conducting, teaching & training program for DNB students in Orthopaedics since 2001. It holds Workshops, CMEs and Live Surgeries for teaching the art & science of hip & knee replacement for young orthopaedic surgeons. The department also has a sports medicine unit and a Bone Bank where storage of bone grafts is done at temperatures below – 70°C.