Specialized Hospital for Knee, Hip & Joint Replacement, Arthroscopy, Spine & Trauma surgeries – DITO
Delhi Institute of Trauma & Orthopaedics is a highly specialized hospital/Centre for knee, hip and Shoulder replacement surgery, joint replacement surgery, Knee & Shoulder Arthroscopic Surgeries, revision knee replacement, revision hip replacement, Spine Surgeries and complex trauma surgeries. Dr.Shekhar Srivastav is the head of the specialized team of Orthopaedic Surgeons and has more than 25 years years of experience in Knee & Shoulder surgery and other orthopaedic procedures. Each team member is super specialized in a different field of Orthopaedics, Joint Replacement & Arthroscopy Surgery, ACL Surgery (Anterior Cruciate Ligament), Knee Arthritis Treatment, Sports Injury Surgery, Sport Medicine. We perform state-of the art techniques to achieve the best for our patients.
DITO was established as a tertiary care referral centre for Trauma & Orthopaedics by Dr Shekhar Agarwal , a very well known Knee & Hip Replacement surgeon throughout the world. He was recipient of numerous National & International awards & also received the prestigious Dr B C Roy award for his immense contribution to the medical field. He conceptualised & started this speciality based Orthopedics & Trauma centre. The department consists of a group of orthopaedic surgeons of national & international fame each super specialised in a different field of orthopaedics and performing state of the art techniques to achieve the best results for the patients.
In a very short span the department has earned the reputation of being one of the finest centres for trauma, knee replacement, hip replacement & joint replacement. The department is backed by state of the art infrastructure, latest equipments and a panel of consultants which in addition to orthopaedic surgeons also include plastic surgeons, paediatric surgeons, hand surgeons and facio-maxillary surgeons to provide a comprehensive super-speciality cover for reconstructive procedures.
DITO is headed by Dr. Shekhar Srivastav, an orthopaedic surgeon well known all over Delhi & India for KNEE & SHOULDER Surgeries ( Arthroscopy & Replacement). He has been on the faculty of National & International conferences and has lectured in various National & International conferences. He has also performed live surgical workshops at various meetings for the benefits of the delegates.
What We Offer ?
- An accident and emergency service round the clock, where a qualified Orthopaedic surgeon (minimum M.S. Orth.) is available at all times. Ambulance service is available to facilitate rapid transfer of accident victims.
- Modern operations such as knee replacement, hip replacement, joint replacement, arthroscopic surgery and spine surgery are performed routinely.
- DITO is backed by Trauma Intensive Care Unit with ventilators, monitors and blood gas analysers managed by in-house entensivests.
- For complex cases, we hold a case conference and have a team approach to plan out the best treatment protocol.
- Our panel includes surgeons, hand surgeons and facio-maxillary surgeons to provide a comprehensive super- specialty cover for reconstructive procedures.
- We offer a nodal centre for providing you the possibility of opinion of experts from across the world via modern communication network.
- It is a modern set up where we could fix up with overseas surgeons to perform high-tech operations, as and when necessary.
Head of Department: Dr. Shekhar Srivastav
Joint Replacement (Knee & Shoulder Surgery)
- Dr Shekhar Srivastav – Arthroscopy & Joint Replacement ( Knee & Shoulder)
- Dr Simon Thomas – Knee & Hip Replacement Surgery
- Dr Anuj Jain – Joint Replacement (Hip and Knee) and Arthroscopy
- Dr Nikhil Verma – Knee & Hip Replacement Surgery
Fracture & Trauma:
Paediatric Orthopaedics Surgeon
- Dr. Nargesh Agarwal
- Dr. Abhishek Sharma
Ankle & Foot Surgeon
- Dr Abhishek Jain
Pelvic Acetabulum Complex Trauma:
- Dr. Nikhil Verma
The department boasts of an OPD of more than 10,000 patients per year & it conducts over 1200 surgeries per year of which 350 are Hip & Knee replacements, 150 arthroscopies of knee, shoulder & ACL repair, 100 spine surgeries and in addition also conducts 600 trauma surgeries along with other day to day procedures.
The Department of Orthopaedics is recognised by the National Board of Examinations for conducting, teaching & training program for DNB students in Orthopaedics since 2001. It holds Workshops, CMEs and Live Surgeries for teaching the art & science of hip & knee replacement for young orthopaedic surgeons. The department also has a sports medicine unit and a Bone Bank where storage of bone grafts is done at temperatures below – 70°C.