Gastrointestinal surgery deals with the operative management of the diseases of the digestive system i.e. alimentary canal, hepatobiliary system (liver and bile ducts) and pancreas. With the state of art OT and ICU facilities and latest surgical equipment, Department of Gastro-Surgery provides complete surgical solutions .
1. Gallbladder and bile duct:
- Gallstone disease: Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- CBD stones: CBD explorations, choledochoduodenostomies
- Congenital disorders: choledochal cysts
- Management of bile duct injuries and strictures
2. GI Cancer:
- Diagnostic and staging laparoscopy and biopsy
- Radical surgical procedures: Thoracoscopic and open esophagectomy, laparoscopic and conventional gastrectomies, laparoscopic and open colectomies and abdominoperineal resections, WHIPPLE’s Procedure,radical gallbladder cancer surgery and liver resections.
3. Liver Diseases:
- Liver resections and management of
- Benign Diseases: hydatid cysts, benign tumours
- Malignant diseases: hepatocellular carcinoma, metastatic colorectal tumours
- Liver trauma
4. Alimentary Tract:
- Esophagus: minimally invasive (laparoscopic) and conventional procedures myotomy (for achalasia), transhiatal and transthoracic esophagectomies (for tumours)
- Stomach: Minimally invasive and conventional gastrectomies
- Small Bowel: Tumours
- Large bowel: Inflammatory bowel disease(ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease), hemorrhoids and tumours.